This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Monday, March 02, 2009

USATF Indoor 3000 Results & Snow Day in Lowell, MA

Firstly, in case you haven't seen them here is a link to the results from the weekend: http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAIndoorTFChampionships/results/F5.asp I roomed with Michael Crouch from Queens University who also ran in the 3k. I've gotten to know him a little bit while being in Charlotte but it was good to have somebody to go through the pre-meet ritual with. Unfortunately, we didn't have internet available at the hotel so I wasn't able to post much sooner. Yesterday I came out to Lowell, MA with my good friend and soon-to-be roommate, Nate Jenkins. Nate's moving to Colorado Springs this week and he also competed in the US Indoor 3k race. It didn't go quite as he had planned but considering he is a marathoner it was a great indoor season for him to run 14:04 and qualify for the meet. Anyway, he had a "Last Day in Lowell Party" on Sunday and it was great to meet his friends here. The party was accompanied by a Nor'easter that brought a huge load of snow. The result of the snow was two-fold. The barbeque at the going away party was hampered and I had my Monday morning flight to Charlotte cancelled. Despite 90 minutes on hold with United last night and several other calls today, I'm still in Lowell and hoping to catch a flight to Charlotte sometime in the morning. Nate and his roommates have been great and it hasn't been a big deal at all. My only complaint is that I did my 16-miler on the roads of Lowell where the motorists whiz by and you have to hop over puddles and snow banks. It's getting late and I'm going to try to head to the airport early so I'm going to try and get some sleep. I'll post more about the race and the trip in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home