This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

US Indoor Championships 3000 Meters on Saturday

It's been a busy week since my last post and I think I've got all the details sorted for my upcoming trip to Boston. I fly on Friday for the USATF Indoor Championships 3000 meters on Saturday. I'm racing at 5:25 Eastern time at the Reggie Lewis Center on the campus of Roxbury Community College in Boston. I'm not sure what the television coverage will be but I'm sure the meet will be on tv at some point this weekend. Here's a link to information on the meet: http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAIndoorTFChampionships/ Today marks the end of the first full week of track practice at Fountain Valley School. We started last Wednesday and it's a lot of fun so far. The kids are great and we have a fantastic coaching staff. Our head coach, Jen Buckley, ran just over 2 minutes for 800 meters and was tenth in the '96 Olympic Trials 800. Our distance coach and head cross country coach, Tommy Manning, has run 2:30 for the marathon a couple times and he finished 59th at Boston last year. They're both great people and really support my running so I'm extremely thankful to have landed this position. Since it's a boarding school, they've welcomed me to the dining hall and I've got full access to their facilities including dozens of miles of trails, a brand new outdoor track and an indoor pool. Our first meet is scheduled for Tuesday, March 10, and although we're just getting started it should be a lot of fun. Last Friday I got to go to the indoor track meet at the Colorado School of Mines up in Golden. Coach Buckley let me skip the third day of practice at FVS to ride along with the UCCS crew to their last indoor meet before the conference meet. It's the first time that I can remember that I went to a track meet without competing, coaching or recruiting. It was a lot of fun to have no obligation and cheer for the kids I knew running in the meet. It's great to have those opportunities and I appreciate Coaches Misch and Harmer for letting it happen. Ol' Tommy Neal and I snuck on to the bus together and had a good time hanging out. The only other news that I can think of is a press release from the athletic department at my alma mater, Missouri State University. Undoubtedly, this is the work of Coach Greg Hipp so thanks to him for his continued support. http://www.missouristatebears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=59289&SPID=6487&DB_OEM_ID=13800&ATCLID=3677051 It's good to see that the university will at least acknowledge that they once had a men's track team. Definitely click on the link if you want to get a chuckle out of my mugshot from my senior year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home