This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Overdue Update

After the 5th Season 8k on the 4th of July I took nearly two weeks off from training. From July 23-27 I worked at the ISU Wilderness Cross Country camp as a coach and counselor and ran with the campers. On Saturday, July 29 I ran the Bix 7 as a chance to see some friends. My friend, Jen Paul, coaches the girls' team at Davenport North High School and I ran with her top runner, Kelsey Regan. She won the 15 & under division by several minutes and did a great job. The next weekend I visited my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews and on Saturday, August 5 I ran in the John James Audubon 5-Miler in Audubon, Iowa. It was a low-key event and I won by a couple minutes. In fact, I set a new course record by breaking my own record by nearly a minute. I spent the week of August 13-17 at a training camp with the ISU team and now that school has started I am training with them almost everyday. On August 19 I ran in the Missouri State Alumni Run in Springfield, Missouri. It was a good excuse to see old friends and fellow (Southwest) Missouri State Univeristy Alums. Having attended every Alumni Run since 1998 it was fun to get my first victory in the race. Complete resutls can be found at: http://www.bearstrack.net/meets/2006%20Alumni%20Run%20Results.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home