This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

5th Season 8k

It was a bittersweet run this morning. I ran a big personal best of 23:45, but I was well out of the top ten. Last year I was 6th overall and the top American with a time of 24:28, but this year I was 18th overall and the 5th American despite running almost 45 seconds faster. The elite athlete coordinator, Bill Bails, did a great job of bringing in a world class field. I owe him a big thanks for his help and making it work out for me to make it to Cedar Rapids. My splits were 4:41, 9:22, 14:20 (I think, but I can't remember for sure) and 19:10. That is technically a new 4-mile personal best too. As you can tell, I was able to follow the pack for the first two miles and then I fell apart in mile three. The last two miles were solid and I'm happy with my time even though I wasn't in the top ten. Official results aren't published yet so instead of results I have to reference the infamous letsrun.com. Here's the link: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1432629 When official results become available I'll post a link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home