This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Nike Farm Team Invite Preview

On Sunday I'm racing the 1500 meters at the Nike Farm Team Invite in Palo Alto, CA. It's scheduled to start at 8:20 pm on the track at Stanford. If you're in the area, it would be great to see you there. In the meantime I'm in Sacramento for the NCAA Championships supporting a training partner, David Rotich. As a volunteer assistant coach, I'm staying with the Iowa State team and it's been good. Today David ran his preliminary heat and qualified for the finals by finishing fifth in his heat in 3:42.04. Early this afternoon Coach Ihmels took me over to the Sacramento City College track to work out. It was warm and breezy but I managed to get a quality session in. I worked out in a pair of regular running shoes because I forgot to pack my practice spikes but I still felt pretty good. I ran an 800 in 1:59, a 400 in 57.6 and a 200 in 26.0 with about 4 minutes rest. I'm hoping to get a run in the morning with a couple friends from Florida State and then after David's 1500 on Saturday I plan to go down towards Palo Alto. Here's a link to the heat sheets on Sunday: http://nikefarmteam.org/invite/FarmTeamInviteEntrries.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home