This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Back on Two Feet

Thanks to everybody who emailed or called with well wishes in the last couple weeks. I'm proud to say that I only missed one day of running with my sprain, but I'm embarrassed to say that for a while I had convinced myself that I had broken my fibula. I've done a little research on my injury and I'm pretty sure that I've discovered a new injury known as a 24 hour fracture. If it doesn't exist yet, it should. In either case, last Sunday I saw my loyal doctor friend, Dr. Reggie Clifton, and he reassured me that no serious damage had been done. After going to bed early I spent most of the night in the bathroom staring down the toilet. In one night I lost between five and seven pounds and on Monday I was only able to stumble to run 2 miles because I was so light headed and tired. After a couple really sluggish days I got back on track and I'm ready to roll this week. I'm still down a couple pounds and there's a little swelling in my ankle but otherwise I'm fit and ready to head to California in a couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home