This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

2 Race Dates Finalized

I have known about both of these dates for a while so I'm not sure why I haven't posted anything in a while. This weekend I travel to Youngstown, Ohio for the Peace Race 10k on Sunday. It's a great event and it will be my first trip to Youngstown so I'm looking forward to it. Training has been going well, highlighted by a 10-mile threshold run in 51:27 with the last 4 miles in 19:58. On Tuesday I had a minor setback during a session when I twisted my ankle on a root during my workout. The ankle seems to be fine but I've hurt one of my hip flexers/adductors. Oddly, it hurts less to run than to walk or get dressed. Either way, I'm set for a good run on Sunday. For more information about the Peace Race, please visit: http://www.peacerace.org/ The other race that I have planned for the fall is on Thanksgiving Day. I'm headed back to San Jose to defend my title at the Seagate Elite Athlete 5k. The race director there, Mark Winitz, did a great job last year and I'm looking forward to getting back out there. I'll post more about the Peace Race in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home