This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Coaching" a national champ...

I forgot to mention in the last post that in the junior race on Sunday ISU had a huge day. Our two runners both had great races with big personal bests. Kiel Uhl won his first national championship in 23:50 and will be respresenting the US in the world cross country championships in Japan in April. Jory Zunich was 24th (yep, one spot worse than me) but he had a great race and got a new personal best of 25:08 for 8k. Considering that I only ran 27:01 as a freshman for that distance I'd say they're both doing pretty well. Here's a link to a video of Kiel's race: http://dyestat.com/3us/5xc/USA-Champs/video/index.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So-- I did google you like you told me to and I did find quite a few articles about you, Blake. I have never met one before but I guess you do sound like a 'professional' runner. (Even though you were AT THE BARS!) haha. I guess all guys you meet at the bars aren't.... whatever they are. So yah- glad I got to meet you. Just got to let you know- you are now going to be my ideal. I seriously love athletes and now that I know you are making up your times.... haha! Well...I guess keep in touch- otherwise I will have a cool story to tell others. Nice to meet you!
The KD from UNL-
Amy

3:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home