This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Monday, January 30, 2006

ISU Open 3000 meters

The recap post is slow in appearing because Cass and I recently broke my computer while wrestling so my internet access is definitely limited. There's not much to say about the race anyway. I'm embarassed with how I ran the first half because I started way in the back and contemplated dropping out before the gun even sounded. I didn't have any confidence in my fitness and even though the pace felt really easy I struggled to stay in contact with the leaders. After a few laps I eventually joined the lead pack and then decided I would lead a couple laps to help the ISU guys before I dropped out. Once I took the lead I just kept going and I probably led all of the last 1500 (but I'm not exactly sure). The only split that I paid any attention to was the 1500 split. We were 4:12 and my second half was 4:03 for a finishing time of 8:15.09. I was happy to feel that comfortable the last half of the race and I'm sure that I can run close to 8:00 right now despite the set backs in training. It's just a matter of gaining some confidence over the next week or so and then getting in the mix at the ISU Classic here in Ames on February 11. Hopefully I'll get a solid race in before I head to NYC for the cross country championships on the 18th.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats weird how you had time to write this, but not to email your girlfriend! =)

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home