This web log was created to keep you up to date with the athletic pursuits of Blake Boldon. It will be updated regularly with competition schedules, results, and photos.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good News, Bad News, and the Rest of the Story...

Let's start with the the good news - I've made my first magazine cover. Although I've included a glimpse, I'm sure that you'll want to reserve your copy now. Check it out at: http://www.morunandtri.com/ The bad news is that training isn't going as planned. For about the last month it has been one thing after another. It started the week before Christmas when I had to take three days off for a calf strain. After rebounding from that injury I finished a solid week of running just in time for one of the bones in my foot to become inflamed during a long run on December 31. After 2 days off, several different opinions, a week of conservative training, and another day off I got back on track. Within a week of training I managed two quality sessions before a freak injury. Right now I'm struggling with a strained intercostal muscle, which is a fancy way of saying that my rib cage hurts when I breath or move. I took another day off, it's uncomfortable to run and I won't be lifting weights for a while but it's manageable. The plan for the rest of the indoor season is up in the air at the moment, but nothing has changed for outdoor track. I'm tentatively planning on running the 3k at our home meet here in Ames on Saturday, but it will depend on how training goes in the next day or two. I'll post a definite plan for the next few weeks by Thursday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll get there.

4:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience is invaluable Sweetheart! Hang in there!

8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you're looking like a stud on the cover...keep the faith brother

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home